Welcome to the Unofficial Pathfinder Online Atlas
The Unofficial Pathfinder Online Atlas (Atlas) is a web-based map atlas of the playing area of Pathfinder Online (PFO). It is a player generated tool to help players within the game and is not an official Goblinworks or Paizo product. Goblinworks developers have been very generous in sharing graphic information on PFO with the players. The map background is one of those images and has been used with permission. In addition, some descriptive information has been modeled on the Help window information in game.
Each map has zoom capacity much like Google Earth and shows differing sets of information. The information in this Atlas has been organized into categories which have a common context.
One of the issues addressed in this version is the addition of a geographic region layer to each Atlas page to help show relative position between map objects. Even I have a hard time knowing how far one thing is from another. There is an additional issue of knowing how far something is from a settlement. That solution is still a work in progress.
How to Get Around in the Atlas
- There are two ways to get to any individual page in the Atlas
Navigating around in the Maps
- Using the Table of Contents - The Home tab displays the opening greeting and the Table of Contents (ToC). Each ToC entry under the numbered sections is a link to an individual page of the Atlas. The numbered entry's listed in the ToC represent the tabs above and are not linked to a page. ToC items marked "(future)" are placeholders for future Atlas pages.
- Navigation Tabs - The tabs under the title graphic are pulldown menus. Clicking on a pulldown menu item will display the appropriate Atlas map page. Pulldown items marked "(future)" are placeholders for future Atlas pages.
- There are three ways to navigate around in the Atlas maps:
Knowing Where You Are on a Map
- Click-Hold: By holding down the left mouse button you can drag the map around to focus on the desired location.
- Mouse Scroll: You can zoom in or zoom out in the map by using he scroll wheel on your mouse.
- Plus/Minus Control: In the upper right corner of each map are two buttons. Clicking the "Plus" button will make the zoom in. Clicking the "Minus" button will make the map zoom out. These work like the +/- controls in the game map window
- There are two ways to match a location in PFO with the position of the cursor on the map:
- Hex Coordinates: Most maps display a hex grid over the background map. Moving the cursor over a hex will display a popup showing the hex coordinate within PFO. Sometimes this popup will show additional information. Sometimes popups for other objects on the map will display information on that object rather than the map.
- In-game Coordinates: In the upper right corner of the map is an information window showing the coordinate pair for the location of the cursor when the cursor is on the map. It will show "Not on Map" until the first time the cursor moves over the map. This coordinate is equivalent to the popup in the game mini-map when you put the cursor over a marker on the map.
The Atlas has had years between updates. In the future, the Atlas will only have announced revision when a major category of information is changed as a whole, or added/removed.
Revisions to details in information displayed, e.g. current plus level for holdings, outposts, and settlement structures, will be made without announcement. This is now considered data maintenance and may be done at any time, especially if errors and/or omissions are identified.
Please post all notices for errors and omissions, and requests for additional map information to the Goblinworks thread where the release of this version was announced.